RPMGlobal’s General Manager for Business Development, Consulting & Advisory, Simon Askey-Doran, will moderate:
Day 1 – 25/March – from 14:00 – 15:00 Room: Perth
WORK STREAMS THEME: Challenging the Status Quo D) Strategy & Planning
14:00 – Engage Your People: Compressing Major Mine Ramp Up Ahead of Schedule
- OEE and Constraint management – identify and eliminate bottlenecks
- Lean management – upgrade frontline supervisors and reduce Expat reliance
- Direct work with Suppliers to improve spares availability and reliability
- Joint task team of client and consultants to support sustainability
Presenter = Jon Wylie, President, Natural Resources, Proudfoot
14:30 – Siri for Maintenance – Using Ontologies for a Whole New Approach to Mining Maintenance
- What do we mean by ontologies and why they could help to improve productivity in maintenance management?
- How can they support your ability to question your data?
- Why is Siri for maintenance important for data interoperability?
- How will ongoing global collaborative developments enable this to become a reality?
Presenter: Professor Melinda Hodkiewicz, School of Engineering, University of Western Australia; BHP Billiton Fellow
RPMGlobal’s Customer Engagement Director, Anthony Fraser, will moderate:
Day 1 – 25/March @ 15:30 Main Conference Room
THEME: The Impact of Innovation on ‘Business As Usual’
How Do You Weave Your Digital Strategy Into Modern Business Foundations?
- As the business of mining advances and technology becomes a non-negotiable, building a digital strategy that weaves throughout your entire business is imperative. How do you manage digitisation when parts of a mining organisation are so different?
- How do you a) take that strategy and operationalize it? And b) what does that look like on the ground?
- How does your operating model change and adapt as a result of digital?
- Where are the roadblocks? Why is it imperative to consider the knock-on effects and plan for all eventualities?
- Should modern day mining business strategies have digital at their heart? How would this be possible and could it completely change the core focus of the industry?
With: Tony Sprague, Group Manager, Mining Technology, Newcrest Mining Richard Macoun, Program Director, Mine to Metal, AMIRA International Mathew Allan, Senior Project Engineer, Resolute Moderator
Each session will also feature a Q&A.
More information can be found here.
About Anthony Fraser
Anthony Fraser is RPMGlobal’s Customer Engagement Director and is responsible for managing relationships with both internal and external stakeholders of the business. The priority is ensuring all have a positive experience with the brand and get the most value from RPM’s solutions and teams. Marketing also falls under his responsibilities which is aimed specifically at increasing awareness of RPMGlobal’s products and capabilities.
Anthony is an experienced business professional having spent the past 15 years in software and hardware technology businesses within the mining and oil and gas industries. Anthony Joined RPMGlobal in 2015 and has a Bachelor’s Degree from Griffith University in Australia.
About Simon Askey-Doran
Simon joined RPMGlobal in a senior commercial role in 2011 with over 25 years experience in business leadership roles in the mining and services industries. Prior to joining RPM in 2011, Simon worked in management consulting and business coaching for 10 years following an extensive career with ICI and Orica Mining services in Australia and Asia over 17 years. This formed a solid core knowledge of the mining industry and included managing the Quarrying and Construction sector in Queensland, the rapidly developing mining markets in Papua New Guinea, the Coal sector in Queensland as State Manager for WA.
During his time at RPM, Simon has lead business development and commercial processes from small independent reviews to multi-billion dollar transactions and major feasibility studies.