This course takes participants through the short-term scheduling process, from creating a new model through to generating reports using XACT.
It will also cover the fundamental principles of XACT and for each scheduling mode, introduce a range of scheduling, reporting and analysis tools. Upon completion of this course, users will be familiar with essential terminology, be proficient in navigating core XACT interfaces and understand the benefits of using XACT to deliver scheduling outputs. Who should attend?
This course is recommended for mining professionals who play a pivotal role in short-term mine planning and scheduling.
Participants typically include technical services personnel such as:
- Technical Service Superintendents
- Senior Engineers
- Mine Scheduling Engineers
Participants should have had direct exposure to mine scheduling logic and methodology, the use of mine reserves data and equipment allocation.
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Construct a basic short-term scheduling model.
- Use the model to create a simple mine schedule.
- Update the schedule.
- Analyse the impacts of changes to the schedule.
|Getting Started |
- The Record Tree
- The Main Window - Gantt Chart, Project Explorer
- Working with XACT windows
- Data Flows
Working with Databases
- Database types and layout
- Creating a main database
- Populating the main database
Creating a Calendar Database
Importing 3D Graphics Data
- Importing polygon set data
| || ||Setting up Project Explorer Items |
- Creating resources
- Creating productive activities
- Creating data links
- Creating rosters and roster expectations
- Linking resources
Creating a Schedule
- Creating tasks
- Creating non-productive tasks
- Task templates
- Editing tasks
- Creating individual dependencies
- Dependency sets
Working with Gantt Charts
- Creating custom Gantt views
- Creating, running and exporting a schedule report
Using 3D Graphics Data
To register for this course, please download and fill in the appropriate booking form below.