This course provides a comprehensive overview of the planning and operational methods associated with truck and loader management in open cut mines.
During the course, participants will build a haulage simulation model. Using this model they will then learn how to manipulate operating techniques to maximise fleet productivity and minimise unit-mining costs.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for technical and field staff involved in, or interested in, truck and loader operations.
Typical participants include:
- Mine Planning Engineers
- Mine Surveyors
- Senior field personnel
- Technical and financial personnel
- Equipment supplier personnel
- Maintenance and support personnel
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the factors that impact on fleet productivity and cost.
- Design the layout of surface mines to suit equipment characteristics and maximise equipment productivities.
- Build a haulage model to simulate loading & hauling operations.
- Use a haulage model for equipment selection & operating decisions and to investigate options for maximising fleet performance and minimising cost.