This course provides users with an overview of TALPAC, RPM’s Truck and Loader productivity analysis software.
Upon completion of this course, users will be proficient in navigating core TALPAC interfaces and in using TALPAC functionality to estimate and compare fleet productivity, evaluate alternative equipment sizes and configurations, assess haulage costs and generate user-defined reports.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for mining professionals who want to become proficient in the use of TALPAC in evaluating haulage fleet productivity.
Participants typically include:
- Mine Planning Engineers
- Operations Engineers and Supervisors
- Equipment supplier personnel
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Estimate truck travel time for alternative haul routes;
- Estimate ﬂeet productivities for use in long and short term planning studies;
- Compare productivities and determine the optimum loading technique, loading unit bucket size, truck capacity and number of passes;
- Determine optimum ﬂeet size;
- Estimate load and haul costs per unit of production using discounted cash ﬂ ow methods; and
- Estimate fuel usage and tyre duty.