This course illustrates the basic concepts that underpin efficient and effective mine planning for open cut coal mines.
From the fundamentals of open pit mining to economic and operational analysis, this course will provide tools and techniques to support effective medium to long-term decision-making, based on managing cost and risk.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for technical and field staff involved in open pit coal planning and operations. Participants typically include:
- Mine Planning Engineers
- Senior Field Personnel
- Contract Estimators
- Mine Surveyors
- Technical personnel
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Undertake systematic open pit mine planning;
- Evaluate the relative advantages of using draglines, trucks and loaders and other open cut mining methods;
- Employ iterative mine planning scheduling methods pioneered by RungePincockMinarco that enable unforeseeable changes to be managed;
- Integrate economic considerations into planning and production decision-making through the use of discounted cash flow and other costing tools; and
- Describe more specialised mining techniques.