This course provides a comprehensive understanding of the basic properties of coal seam gas reservoirs.
As a result of attending this course participants will have a foundation from which to assess and interpret information as a basis for coal mine gas management, coal seam gas production, design and optimisation.
This course is presented by laboratory gas testing specialists GeoGAS.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for staff involved in exploration, coal mine gas management and gas utilisation.
Participants typically include:
- Mining Engineers
- Mine Planning Engineers
- Petroleum Engineers
- Technical Services Managers
- Operational staff and service providers
It is also suitable for anyone interested in understanding the fundamentals of coal seam gas management and gas production.
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of gas reservoir assessment from measurement to analysis and application
- Appreciate the contrasting properties of coal seam gas reservoirs
- Understand key drivers underpinning coal mine gas emission and coal seam gas production
- Understand the principles of designing and implementing a gas testing program
- Estimate gas resource size and uncertainty